Are you interested in working with St JFS to further the mission of Catholic education? See below, and explore our open positions today!
Client Accounting Advisor
This position is responsible for performing the accounting and analysis for the operations of our clients. This includes developing; implementing and/or maintaining procedures to capture accurate, relevant, and timely financial information. Prepare and analyze financial reports, journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts. Provide consultation services to clients that help build their financial literacy and mastery. This job is 90% remote, and will require some travel to clients based on need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work closely with the SJFS operational and accounting support team to deliver exceptional service
• Meet with Principals and Pastors to understand the financial condition of their organizations, prepare for finance council meetings, and plan for the future
• Preparing financial statements, e.g. monthly and quarterly financial reports, weekly forecasts to Management Team summarizing current and projected financial position
• Month end and quarterly closing (e.g. balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements)
• Analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management
• Communicating with customers to address any past due invoices on their account
• Producing financial data for the client upon request and assisting with other special Accounting projects from time to time
• Performing analysis of operations on a monthly basis
• Passionate desire to serve the Church and make Her ministry more effective
• Understanding of school accounting requirements and standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferred
• 1-2 years progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
• Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with QBO and Bill.com.
• Analytical skills with particular attention to detail