Join us as we welcome our newest client advisor, Adan Batres, to the St JFS team! Adan will be working with the schools in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
• Where are you from, and where did you go to college?
I am from San Jose California and attended San Jose State University. I recently moved and am living in the Los Angeles area.
• What drew you to StJFS? What made you want to join their team and work to further Catholic education?
Having a sister who is in the education field and at one time managed a learning center, saw the accounting/administrating struggles she ran into and the time it took away from her passion to teach and work with students. I want to share my accounting/administering skills in hopes to relieve and allow them to focus on ministering to their group.
• What’s a big “win” you’ve been involved with that has had an impact on a parish, Diocese, or Catholic school?
I was part of the life teen group and helped grow and bring about a higher enrollment/participation. It was the most enrollment/participants the parish had seen, allowing them to create more successful fundraisers for the ministry.
• What is it like being part of the StJFS team? How would you describe the culture and people you work with?
I am excited to be part of the StJFS team. It is great to be part of a great team of professionals who share the same values and beliefs. The work is truly meaningful and the lives impacted by this mission make it impossible to treat it as just another boring accounting job.
• What are your goals for your time at StJFS?
My goal at StJFS is to play part of the growing mission of providing comprehensive client accounting services for Catholic School, Parishes, and Chanceries allowing them “More time ministering. Less Time Administering.”
• What do you do in your time away from the office?
I enjoy spending hours smoking meat and rooting for my Bay Area professional teams: San Francisco 49ers, Golden State Warriors and Oakland A’s.